Friday, April 22, 2011

Decision 2012...and beyond

Before I begin, let me preface this with, I AM NO KARL ROVE; although Trump probably blames me for getting President Obama elected too- Karl Rove calls Donald Trump a Joke

Now, time to get to the serious business of political strategizing. I am not really a party guy, however I do get irritated at how strategically organized the GOP is compared to the democrats. So, here is my strategic advice to the democrats for 2012. Okay, it’s a given that President Obama will be on the ticket. To really compete with the GOP/Tea Party, let’s change his running mate. Although I am not a big fan of Hillary Clinton personally, I respect her political position more than I do VP Joe Biden. That and she never called (then Senator) Obama "clean...and speaks well." VP Biden has been known more for his gaffes as Vice President than anything else. I say let him "voluntarily" step down from the 2012 ticket.

Our President is getting his 2012 campaign slogan off the ground and who other than Hillary Clinton can help him better achieve, "Let's Finish What We Started!" With this bold move, President Obama should then solicit Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice for Secretary of State to show how bi-partisan he is willing to be. Of course I wouldn't expect either of them to accept this position, however, in the name of bi-partisanship; they should have the opportunity to nominate viable candidates for the president to consider.

Bringing someone from the "other side" serves a great purpose; but back to Hillary as VP. The democratic base was spilt for the majority of the primaries leading up to the 2008 election. That type of split will lose the 2012 election after so much has already been accomplished. Besides, who is better to discuss the importance of President Obama's Universal Healthcare plan than Hillary Clinton? She was only the biggest supporter as First Lady in 1993. Her role as Secretary of State only gave her a much deeper grasp of foreign policy and the political landscape of foreign allies and enemies. Not to mention, you get the most popular democrat of them all, Bill Clinton, all over the campaign trail. Of course this would springboard Hillary right to the top of the 2016 ticket where she can, "Continue the Movement!"

As I stated at the beginning of this blog, I am no Karl Rove- let the criticisms fly.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted so badly for Hillary to win. I think she'd make a great VP (and President) and I would LOVE to see a woman in the Oval Office!

    ReplyDelete